As the festive Christmas countdown quickly approaches, immerse yourself in the holiday spirit with these Christmas craft ideas for adults.
Christmas Craft Ideas for Adults
There’s one more weekend left before Christmas. If you’re anything like me, you’ll be doing something crafty this weekend before the visions of sugar plums dance in your head.
If you need some last minute Christmas ideas to inspire you, there’s still time to pick a decoration, festive recipe, or engage in one of these Christmas crafts. Whether you’re a seasoned crafter or a beginner, you’ll find something in this compilation of Christmas crafting ideas.
From some of our favourites here at Birdz of a Feather to simple, easy craft tutorials from our blogger friends, unleash your creativity with unique handmade stockings, Christmas trees adorned with homemade ornaments featuring orange segments and gingerbread men, and a front door embellished with a simple crafted wreath.
Too pressed for time for one more DIY? Pin these on your Pinterest Christmas board and revisit this list in July. There’s nothing like a head start on Christmas 🙂
So let’s get to it!
- We’re starting off our list with something you can make and also give as gift – our Crochet for a Cure e-book. As a matter of fact, all the proceeds go toward Alzheimer’s research so it’s the gift that keeps on giving!
Here’s one of the four Christmas crochet patterns you can make.
If you love to crochet – or know someone that does – stick around until near the end of this post for some free patterns!
- Don’t forget your furry friends at Christmas; make this DIY dog gift basket.
- Need a hostess gift? Our diy wine bag sews up fast using any reusable shopping bag! And add a pocket to pop in a gift card.
Christmas Card Display
- Do you still get cards in the mail at Christmas? Make a grouping of these unique Christmas card holder displays! They also make the best conversation starter place settings around the Christmas table.
- Instead of just decorating the Christmas tree, go vertical and decorate your walls too! We have a few sleigh upcycles, starting with this Christmas sleigh decor.
- Our wooden sled decor is another one of our fun Christmas craft ideas for adults. Also, it will see you through those winter snow days after the holiday season!
Christmas Decorating with Poinsettias
- Beautify your home with this wooden planter box DIY. It never really feels like Christmas around here without a variety of gorgeous Poinsettias!
- There are so many ways to decorate for the holidays with Poinsettias, like this tongue ‘n cheek poinsettia Christmas decor.
- For a bigger poinsettia display, challenge yourself to upcycle an old sewing base into a tiered plant stand DIY. It’s sure to brighten up your Christmas home decor well past the holidays!
- If you like the idea of a tiered plant stand, but don’t have the space, craft yourself a wooden shelf display. You can use it as a riser for potted poinsettias – or work it into your Christmas decor with an item(s) you want to stand out.
- Our milk can decor is another space saver to display a single poinsettia plant.
- Maybe you just need something to set a plant on. In that case, check out our coffee table makeover using leftover flooring from our basement reno!
Hot Cocoa Station and Recipes
- After all these DIY projects, it’s time to think about relaxing with a hot cup of cocoa. But first, use that riser to set up a hot chocolate station.
- Then put this DIY hot cocoa bar sign on top, turn it on and invite your friends and family to partake in a hot cuppa!
- Need a hot chocolate recipe fit for a crowd? Try this easy and rich crock pot hot chocolate from Rosemary at My Home and Travels!
- Now for something to accompany your hot chocolate. However, what if you have to accomodate someone’s dietary needs? Whether you’re gluten-free or not, our gluten free gingerbread cookie recipe is sure to please!
Christmas Advent Calendars
- If you’re reading this in late December, it might already be too late for our origami shirt advent calendar. If that’s the case, pin these on one of your Pinterest boards for next year (and follow us over on Pinterest for upcoming seasonal ideas and upcycles)!
- Our washboard decor idea is part two of our advent calendar. It’s portable enough to put anywhere.
Free Crochet Christmas DIYs
- Like we mentioned earlier, we have free handmade crochet Christmas crafts. Try out this free crochet Christmas tree pattern. Can you imagine a whole banner of these strung along the fireplace?
- Or crochet this Christmas plant decor from a thrifted candle holder.
- If you’ve always wanted to learn how to make i-cord, whip up our Christmas stocking DIY and use it as a wall hanger.
- Did you spot our needle felted elf on the shelf above? Try your hand at needle felting this coastal Christmas idea and stab away any holiday stress. I find needle felting so relaxing!
- Here’s another unique shelf sitter; our gnome DIY.
So what makes him so unique? His gnome hat lights up!
Decorating Trees and Wreaths
- Truth be told, we don’t have room for a Christmas tree in our small house. So we make do with these glass mini blocks for an unconventional Christmas tree.
- If you DO have a Christmas tree, decorate the tree in style with these adorable hand painted wooden gingerbread boys from our friend Stephanie at Gathered in the Kitchen.
- If you don’t want to get out the paints, paper ornaments are the way to go. This is actually an easy DIY make with materials you likely already have! Once you get going, you may want to make our DIY quilling tool too.
- Even easier than quilling is a paper holiday ornament that’s personalized to you. Here we used our Birdz of a Feather logo, but get creative with wrapping or scrapbook paper!
- These cute DIY felt snowman ornamements are from our friend Kimberly at From Farmhouse to Florida.
- Need a simple Christmas wreath? Click over to Liberty at B4 and Afters.
- Our friend Rachel at Tea and Forget Me Nots is showing you how to make dehydrated orange sliced for decorations. Her snowmen and foxes are the most adorable and creative versions of orange slice decor I’ve seen! Not to mention, they must SMELL AMAZING!
- Last, but not least, we’re going to leave you with this fun Christmas tradition my brother-in-law and sister-in-law started! Move over ugly Christmas sweaters! Throw an ugly Christmas sock party to get the creative – and competitive – juices flowing. It all starts with these ugly Christmas socks.
Pin Christmas Craft Ideas for Adults
Pinning is always welcome and appreciated. Pin this for Christmases to come!
Have a happy and joyous holiday season!