This easy chicken curry recipe is fast to get on the table during the week! Because curries are so quick, like this Thai chicken curry, we fall back on them around the holidays when there’s so little time to cook. It’s also our go to when we’re too tired to cook because there’s so little prep work (especially when you already have left over rice).
We’re using canned and frozen produce.
Frozen veggies are such a convenience when fresh seasonal vegetables aren’t available in the winter months. And they are delicious in stir fries like this.
Our favourite mix is this stir fry medley. Just rinse off the ice chunks and let it thaw while preparing everything else. It doesn’t need much time at the end to heat through.
For this easy chicken curry recipe, we usually use boneless chicken breast, but boneless chicken thighs would work just as well. We tend to use whatever happens to be on sale.
Season the chicken well with salt and pepper.
Since we’re already using coconut milk, we prefer coconut oil for this curry to keep the flavour profile consistent.
Cook out the curry before adding the chicken.
Nothing easier than one pan cooking!
Bring to a simmer. You can add the corn now or at the end. I often like to toss it in 5 minutes before it’s done to keep it crisp. It just needs to be heated through.
Then cover and set the timer for 30 minutes. Give a stir every once in a while (we usually don’t remember)!
You definitely need to make rice with this dish to sop up the liquid. We love either Basmati or Jasmine rice with this. You can read about some popular varieties of rice here. Or, for another variation, make our crispy pan fried tofu as the side dish.
Pin Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
Pinning is always welcome and appreciated.
Easy chicken curry recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp curry powder or one heaping if you don’t like too much spice
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 14 oz can lemongrass ginger coconut milk
- 1 14.5 oz can stewed, diced tomatoes
- 1/2 bag Stir Fry Medley Vegetables Green Giant
- 1 can mini corn
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and cook onion over med-high heat in large skillet until soft (5 minutes) and stir in garlic during last 30 seconds.
- Add in curry powder and cook for two minutes. Add chicken and toss to coat with curry oil. Reduce heat to med and cook for 7 to 10 min. or until chicken is cooked through. Add veggies and corn (or leave the corn to the end).
- Pour in coconut milk and tomatoes; stir to combine. Cover and simmer 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Add in corn and cook another 5-10 minutes to warm through if you like it crisp. Serve with rice.