If you love the taste of Alfredo sauce but could do without the calories, then this keto friendly Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is just the thing!
Earlier this month, I started a low carb diet. Not because of any New Year’s resolution, but because my clothes no longer fit. I used to be a size 4 and have slowly blossomed up to a size 12. Thanks to Covid, these past two year, I could live in sweat pants and PJ’s! But as things start to open up again it’s finally time to take action.
This recipe is definitely a keeper in our family! Why? Because it tastes every bit as good as the real deal, but Hubs loves it too. He can make his version with pasta and garlic bread, while I can served mine up on some ‘zoodles’ (zucchini noodles). Neither one of us feels deprived.
By the way, I adapted this from a recipe by Nikki Dinki. She has a great new cookbook out called More Veggies Please. But we cut down on cook time substantially by making this entirely in the microwave! You can have dinner on the table in 15 minutes!
If making this for a family, use a whole head of cauliflower. Since there’s just the two of us, I halve the recipe.
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce in the Microwave!
Put it all in the largest glass bowl you have and add the smashed garlic cloves and chicken stock. In my humble opinion, you have to use homemade chicken stock! If you use our pressure cooker recipe, it’s done in only an hour. Freeze it so you have it for recipes like this!
If you don’t already have a set of silicone microwave covers, get one; they are SO handy.
Once nuking is done, blitz it up in a blender, add the rest of the ingredients and pop it back in until the cream cheese is melted. Don’t skip cutting the cream cheese up or it might never melt in properly! Some brands are just stubborn melters!
While all that’s happening, it just long enough for Hubs to make some garlic bread for himself.
Lots more cheese for him; he actually needs to GAIN weight! So while this cauliflower alfredo sauce is less than half the calories he can make up for it with other things.
While Hub’s pasta is boiling away, I use an electric Starfrit spiralizer to make ‘zoodles’. I use a whole zucchini.
In all honesty, this cauliflower alfredo sauce is so good, I don’t even miss the pasta! Serve it up with a nice fresh salad and I really don’t even feel like I’m dieting.
As you can see, Hubs like to add lots more pepper. I also mix in a pinch of nutmeg into the entire sauce, but that’s optional.
Pinning is always welcome and appreciated!
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- Food processor
- Spiralizer (if substituting zucchini for noodles)
- 1 large Cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 pound linguine or spaghetti noodles Or substitute Zucchini 'zoodles instead'
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- 3 cups Chicken stock homemade is best! (see link to our recipe)
- 6 Garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 oz. Cream cheese, cut in cubes cubes help it melt
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream can substitute 10% milk if you wish
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg Optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Put chopped cauliflower in bowl
- Add 3 cloves smashed garlic and chicken stock
- Cover with a silicone lid and put in the microwave for 5 minutes on full. Give a stir and microwave another 5 min.
- Purée in food processor and return to bowl
- Add parmesan and cubed cream cheese
- 1/4 block cubed cream Cheese
- Add salt and pepper
- Put back in microwave until the cheeses melt
- Pour in heavy cream